Management and maintenance of die-casting molds
Mold is one of the three necessary factors in die casting production, the quality of mold use directly affects the life of the mold, production efficiency and product quality, related to the cost of die casting. For the die-casting workshop, good maintenance and maintenance of molds is a strong guarantee for the smooth progress of normal production, which is conducive to the stability of product quality and reduces invisible production costs to a large extent, thereby improving production efficiency. According to the problems encountered in actual production, we discuss how to do better mold maintenance.
First of all: establish the mold file and prepare for it——
(1) That is, to establish a complete set of use records for each set of molds when entering the factory, which is an important basis for ensuring future maintenance and maintenance, and each one must be done carefully and clearly, including the daily production of molds.
(2) As a mold management personnel, since the mold enters the factory, the structural accessories of each part of the mold must be recorded in detail in the mold file, and according to the needs, the vulnerable parts in the mold should be listed, and accessories should be prepared in advance, such as ejectors, cores, etc. ~~ Set up a minimum inventory of vulnerable spare parts, so as not to delay production due to insufficient preparation. Because there are many such lessons in the company, it is necessary to be prepared. If you delay production because you have not prepared spare parts, the cost caused by die-casting enterprises is very large, time, manpower, insulation furnace electricity (or liquefied gas), etc. are not small numbers, the most important thing is to delay production, delay delivery loss will be greater!
(3) It is necessary to engrave a permanent mark on the mold itself while making a resume card, which is easy to distinguish. In this way, as long as the people who are not stupid will not cause the farce of installing the wrong mold.
(4) If the mold with the cylinder core puller is attached, equip it with a quick coupling as soon as possible, otherwise the money wasted by the oil leaking out of the cylinder each time the mold is disassembled is enough for you to pay several employees a month's salary, and you can also use the money saved to improve the food for employees. This also greatly shortens the time for die casting operators to load and unload molds. Remember to buy some good quality quick connectors, otherwise it will backfire.
(5) Formulate mold management regulations in advance, conduct systematic training for employees, and effectively implement them.Secondly, the precautions of the mold in the production process ~ When it comes to the maintenance and maintenance of the mold, a
concept will immediately flash in the minds of many die-casting operators, always thinking that it is a mold repairer's business, and he has little to do with it, in fact, it is the opposite. The fate of all molds can be said to be in the hands of die casting operators. For example, if you have a car that broke down after driving for a few years, can you say that it was caused by those car washes? Therefore, the following points should be paid special attention to during the use of the mold:
(1) The use of mold cooling system. The mold cooling water not only prolongs the service life of the mold when used correctly, but also improves production efficiency. In actual production we often ignore its importance, operators also try to save trouble, pick up too troublesome, do not connect the cooling water pipe, some companies even in order to save costs when customizing the mold do not cool water, resulting in very serious consequences. The material of the mold is generally made by special mold steel through various treatments, and even the best mold steel has the limit of their use, such as temperature. In the state of use of the mold, if the mold temperature is too high, it is easy to make cracks appear on the surface of the mold core early, and some molds have not even exceeded 2000 mold cracks in a large area. Even the mold in the production because the mold temperature is too high mold core has changed color, after measurement even reached more than 400 degrees, such a temperature and then encounter the mold release agent cold state is easy to appear cracks, the production of products are also easy to deform, strain, sticking mold and other situations. The use of mold release agent with mold cooling water can be greatly reduced, so that the operator does not use the release agent to reduce the temperature of the mold. Its benefits are to effectively extend the life of the mold, save the die casting cycle, improve product quality, reduce the occurrence of sticking molds and strains and sticking aluminum, and reduce the use of mold release agents. It also reduces ejector and core losses due to overheating of the mold temperature.
(2) The mold must be preheated in the process of starting production to prevent the sudden encounter with hot molten metal in the cold mold and the appearance of cracks, more complex molds can use blowtorches, liquefied gas, good conditions with mold temperature machine, relatively simple molds can use slow pressure preheating.
(3) The cleaning of the mold parting surface, this point is very laborious, but also easy to ignore, if the boss starting point is high, buy a good mold, then it seems that the work is much easier, if the mold quality is not good, the production in the mold parting surface will inevitably have flashing or dirt, the operator should often clean these parts, always equipped with a small shovel (the company should prepare your employees with tools, have a good gun to fight). If the flash is not removed in time, the mold parting surface is easy to collapse, causing aluminum to run in the production process, once this consequence is caused, no matter how good a mold repair expert you are, the possibility of complete repair is very small, not that they have no ability. The consequences of running aluminum not only increase the cost of die-casting, waste of white aluminum, product quality is also unstable, especially internal quality, and increase the difficulty of determining process parameters, the qualification rate will drop a lot, from safety considerations, increase the probability of work injuries. When handing over the shift, the operator should use kerosene to thoroughly clean the mold parting surface, which can not only prevent the mold from being squeezed, but also clean it, and after cleaning, the exhaust groove blocked by the mold release agent residue or other dirt can be opened, which is conducive to the discharge of gas in the cavity during the injection process to improve product quality, and it is appropriate for a team to clean the parting surface twice. Let employees develop a good habit.
(4) If the mold is equipped with neutron control, pay attention to the absolute prohibition of the signal line between the die casting machine and the mold has a joint phenomenon, the reason is very clear, in daily production, it is difficult to avoid water on the signal line, or the joint bandaging place is easy to break, resulting in short connection with the machine tool, if the signal is wrong, the light alarm automatic shutdown delay time, the heavy signal disorder, the mold top damage. Cause unnecessary losses. The stroke switch should be waterproof.
(5) When each team takes over, carefully do spot check in accordance with the company's "mold spot check form", and solve problems in time to avoid unnecessary trouble for themselves.Moreover: the responsibility of the mold repair class in the
maintenance and maintenance of the mold plays a role in "treating the disease, strengthening the body without disease", for a set of mold batch by batch task completed, after the mold is removed, the mold repair personnel must have a very detailed understanding of this set of molds, such as how many molds have been produced so far, what failures have occurred, check the tail products to understand the current mold status, whether to the safe service life of the mold, whether to report the mold to the workshop according to the production volume, etc , which requires viewing the archives of this mold;
(1) Mold repairers must master a principle in the process of maintenance, repair and maintenance, absolutely not allowed to change the size of the mold privately, and work under such a premise ~ If once the original size is changed, there will be batch quality accidents, and the loss will be very heavy.
(2) Do a good job in maintenance according to the company's "Model Repair and Maintenance Management Regulations". In the maintenance process, the mold repairer lacks awareness of the use of the tools, such as using relatively thick oil stones in the process of polishing the mold, and some even install the polishing machine with a hundred blade wheel to polish the mold core, which not only causes deep scratches everywhere on the surface of the mold core, but also hurts the nitriding layer on the surface of the mold core, so that the next production of die casting can not be used at all, either sticky mold or strain. There are many situations where this is the case, the last mold production is good, and when this time the production is not possible, in addition to other external factors, this is a very important reason.
(3) For wearing parts such as top rods, cores, etc. should be carefully checked, whether there are bends, cracks, etc., if there is a timely replacement, many cases are not completed when the mold is reproduced without completing how many mold cores are broken, most of the reasons are not carefully checked, there are problems not found in advance, resulting in a great waste of manpower and time.
(4) The polishing mold needs to be supplemented with a point, where there is adhesive aluminum, where there is carbon deposits, polishing where to minimize the wear caused by polishing on the mold.
(5) All moving parts of the mold, and joint parts, screws, etc. should be lubricated and anti-rusted.
(6) Mold management personnel supervise the maintenance status at any time and pay attention to other management details. Make maintenance and repair records for reference.The storage of the mold should be consistent with the ledger, drawings, files, etc., the mold
can not be disassembled and stored, to avoid the loss of parts, and the mold that is not used for a long time is regularly treated with rust. The new mold should be treated with stress relief as much as possible within the specified period to extend its service life.
In the process of mold maintenance and repair, some things are quite simple and understood, but it is difficult to really do it, and we need to implement it dutifully and do the work well.